Project Covfefe

Develop the openEHR dataset to support efforts to contain and manage COVID-19

Aims

• assist professional assessment of individual risk/ liklihood of symptoms/signs being due to COVID-19
  • assist personal/non-professional assessment of individual risk/ liklihood of symptoms/signs being due to COVID-19

https://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/web-resources-container/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-guidance-for-primary-care/

This relies on

• symptoms - fever, resp symptoms
  • signs - temperature ?? others in due course
  • known contacts
  • risk areas (can be pulled from a dynamic web-service) -

Other data - flagged as ReasonForEncounter - suspect COVID-19

Outputs:

• COVID-19 Assessment Encounter template

• Professional app plus advice ?? SMARTon-FHIR wrapper

• non-professional self-assessment app plus advice

• backend dashboard for reporting purposes - export for analyltics

• Continually updated dataset / template /advice sources and app as new information arrives

We also need to think about demographics :frowning:

Right off the top of my head !!

Do you have any clinical people talking to you?

1 Like

Great @ian.mcnicoll .
I have no comment right now. As I said: We are having a discussion about this and I think it is a great idea to do a community effort on this.

It would just be helpful after your discussion to know if this is roughly what you had in mind or if we are thinking in very different directions.

I’m going to do this anyhow for my conference talk next week

Ian

I will come back on this tomorrow. As I mentioned on Twitter we have tried a small prototype with openEHR Forms, Templates and a Questionnaire archetype. I can show/demo it tomorrow if you are interested.

1 Like

UK Paydirt …

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-initial-investigation-of-possible-cases/investigation-and-initial-clinical-management-of-possible-cases-of-wuhan-novel-coronavirus-wn-cov-infection

2019-nCoV_Minimum_Data_Set_Form.xlsx (20.2 KB)

1 Like

and UK NHS-111 app

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19

I know the guy who runs that team and will have chat to him

https://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/web-resources-container/covid-19-risk-areas/

1 Like

DHCI - Suspected Covid-19 assessment.v0.zip (208.9 KB)

My latest template. I spoke to Silje and she’d be happy to make this a CKM incubator.

Great. We’ll look into your templates. Ours is at https://gitlab.com/dips-bna/corona-app

Let’s invite @siljelb to the channel.

DHCI - Suspected Covid-19 assessment.v0.oet (36.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you. We’ll look into it to see if we adopt all your crazy modelling ideas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

Joke aside :
We’re pretty well aligned on the modelling now. Tomorrow I hope to meet face to face with the infection control group at OUH to discuss their needs and if our current application fill their needs. If yes : we will shape up the models and forms, and prepare a release. This will happen fast.
Tomorrow I have an informal appointment with Silje to discuss the models. Just to be sure we are well enough aligned.

After this we should go public with the information and the clinical models. We might even publish something on the openEHR.org.

I’ll propose the updated symptom archetype. Might be a wee bit of a battle.

···

On Tue, 3 Mar 2020, 19:25 Bjørn Næss via openEHR, discourse@openehr.org wrote:

bna

Bjørn Næss

SEC member

3 March

Thank you. We’ll look into it to see if we adopt all your crazy modelling ideas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

Joke aside :

We’re pretty well aligned on the modelling now. Tomorrow I hope to meet face to face with the infection control group at OUH to discuss their needs and if our current application fill their needs. If yes : we will shape up the models and forms, and prepare a release. This will happen fast.

Tomorrow I have an informal appointment with Silje to discuss the models. Just to be sure we are well enough aligned.

After this we should go public with the information and the clinical models. We might even publish something on the openEHR.org.

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to bna, ian.mcnicoll.

In Reply To

ian.mcnicoll

Ian McNicoll

openEHR International Board member

3 March

DHCI - Suspected Covid-19 assessment.v0.oet (36.9 KB)

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to bna, ian.mcnicoll.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Apologies to spamming you all on a Friday afternoon /evening but something very interesting has been proposed, initially by @bna (Bjorn) .

If you track back through the discussion we have started building the idea of some kind of international template(s) for screening and public health data capture of COVID-19.

some serious conversations are under way in Norway, UK and Slovenia about actually deploying app or apps based as far as possible on a common set of templates.

The main use-case which we feel is compelling is the hospital screening for posssible Covid-19 infection -at admission or outpatients. There has already been a significant incident in Oslo, I understand. Whilst the screening tool could be used for community/ GP / self-assessment - this raises (at least in the UK) significant issues around privacy. data governance, consent and hosting itself, that make it less compelling.

Bjorn and his team and I came up with a screening assessment template that seems to fit pretty well. After a wee bit of discussion with Heather and Vanessa, I am going to make a few changes to that then get it up into a public openEHR CKM incubator in an hour or so. I’m more than happy to see this adopted and adapted. We have to expect local changes.

The second use-case is a a registry type dataset - I am just looking at a WHO data capture form that Better sent over. Clearly we want to line this up as far as possible with the screening assessment.

Anyways!! I thought it better just for now to keep this topic private, just to make sure we feel we can all construct a shared vision of what, might and can be made real, but at some point soon, of course, we should go public.

Ian

Great Ian!
Things have moved fast. One week ago we had this idea and built some prototypes. We’ve demonstrated for two Norwegian hospitals. The feedback indicates a good match.

It’s really a huge possibility to show what openehr are, and how the community may response.

Thank you for following this up!