In-person SEC Meeting October, Berlin?

@birger.haarbrandt thanks for this. I did register. My situation is fluctuating a bit, but I’m hoping to be there in person. I’ll cancel in-person attendance later if I cannot make it. Best I can do at the moment :frowning: Hoping to be there.

Detail on the website @birger.haarbrandt but won’t promote just yet to give SEC chance to book.

I have booked hotel and flight! I’m arriving the 12th too :smiley:

2 Likes

I will arrive the 12th in the afternoon by train. Together with @joostholslag, who is there for the symposium, not the SEC meeting.

3 Likes

I’ll also arrive on the 12th in the afternoon by train. Very much looking forward to this meeting.

1 Like

Just to let you know: my colleague at vitagroup is kindly taking care of booking a venue. I will let you know (likely next week) once I know the exact location.

3 Likes

Hotels and flights booked - arriving on the 12th, covid willing.

2 Likes

How about some beer on the evening of the 12th? Or are plans already made for that?

2 Likes

Good idea but the Germans have no idea how to brew beer, other than in Dusseldorf - we can ask @sebastian.garde to bring some bottles with him.

I arrive mid-afternoon so - yes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Isn’t German beer lukewarm enough for you then, Ian? :rofl:

To be fair, there’s good Bavarian beer as well. But don’t drink Berliner Weiße if you can avoid it.

4 Likes

Count me in for the beer too :smiley:

1 Like

Hi! Karolinska University hospital (where I now work) still have rules in place restricting non-essential travel, so I’ll join the SEC meeting remotely, not physically. @patrikgh will likely join the Highmed event physically as a speaker though, so make sure to take good care of him in Berlin :slight_smile:

Hi Erik,

we make sure that the room will allow for online participation :slight_smile: Really happy that Patrik will attend in person!

1 Like

I believe I will make it in time for afternoon beers. Since some are being picky, I will be very happy to take up the slack and drink anything dark, cold, and German.

3 Likes

Dear all, we reserved the following location: Chausseestraße 86 | 10115 Berlin (Mitte)

1 Like

The proposal is to meet 17.30 at the Hackescher markt. Slack