openEHR COVID-19 Project

Covid-19 Citizen Screening

In Norway we are working on the idea to provide citizen screening. DIPS and a few other vendors will meet tomorrow (Friday, 20. March) to discuss if we can share some information models.

The source code for the models is here: https://github.com/DIPSAS/covid-19-citizen-screening

I will update on the status tomorrow evening.

Wash your hands, take care and keep up the good work!!

1 Like

Here is a link to a shared folder I have set up with two very good short videos explaining the medical science and health service implications of the current viral epidemic. They’ve been circulated within my local Neighbours’ WhatsApp Support Group.

Also, The Times in the UK has started publishing a daily and freely available email news summary of the epidemic . You can sign up to receive this at:

thetimes.co.uk/coronavirus

Thought these resources might be useful. Best wishes to all.

1 Like

I have made an illustration to clear my thoughts on the symptom/disease state, the isolation procedure and the outcomes.

2 Likes

Update from Norway
Last week was really absurd in so many ways. Norway was locked-down to face the pandemic situation. Schools are closed. People who can work at home does so. And people buy as much toilet paper as they can carry. We have no idea why they do so, but we assume it is important to have a shiny ass when facing a pandemic situation…

Our customers prepare for lots of patients in the hospitals. The health regions had working groups to decide what solution to choose. Current state is:

• Northern and western region deploy DIPS Arena “on track of Covid-19”
  • South-east region deploy DIPS FastTrak “on track of Covid-19” (this is not native openEHR but developed based on the clinical models we made)

On Friday there was a meeting among Norwegian vendors and the Directory of e-health. The intention from the vendors was to agree on some clinical models. An outcome from this was that @siljelb takes the lead to organize and develop the shared clinical models and terminologies to be used. This is really good news. The Norwegian vendors will adapt these models. In turn this makes data inter-operable and the applications will be portable.

I find it really satisfying to experience that the principles of an open platform is what really works when it really matters.

8 Likes

Is this related? https://helsenorge.no/koronavirus/koronasmitte

Yes. I think so. Without any cooperation with the industry. Came as a surprise for several vendors actually doing business in patient/citizen applications. And we did also invest some hours thinking about the information models for such a service.
This is not a time for criticism. All are very busy. I hope, when this is over, there will be a time to learn and improve.

1 Like

Hi @ian.mcnicollI have added the Symptom/Sign Screening form to EMEhealth based on https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/templates/1013.26.288

I’ll try to cover the other more complex forms. This is what I currently have:

I still need to make some UX improvements to this form. After this I’ll work on the other assessment and report forms complying with the current templates.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Italian COVID-19 related template building

A post was split to a new topic: Pan-European Hackathon