Which are the top ten commonly used archetypes?

When planning to translate many archetypes (in our case to Swedish) it would be good to cover the ones that are most commonly used, the ones that are applicable in a wide range of use cases. The list below is a guess based on nothing, but we would really appreciate some guidance here. Are there 10 archetypes covering 80% percent of the use cases (roughly)? This helps us to prioritize the translation work.

COMPOSITION
Encounter
Result report

CLUSTER
Anatomical location
Medical device
Examination findings
Symptom/sign

OBSERVATION
Blood pressure
Laboratory test result

INSTRUCTION
Service Request

ACTION
Procedure

EVALUATION
Problem/diagnosis

2 Likes

If using…

…it will often need to contain teh CLUSTER archetype “Laboratory analyte result”

Hi
Calling all vendors and projects on this one, those are in position to tell which archetypes that are used most frequently. That said, I think your list is a good start, and adding Erik’s additional archetype. Also add OBSERVATION.story/history to your list.

I am quite sure you will not cover 80% of all use cases within this list: When we say 80% is already there and published, it means among all the published ones.

Now, please add with your most used archetypes: @ian.mcnicoll, @birger.haarbrandt, @bna, @joostholslag , @heidi.koikkalainen, @Seref, @Alastair ?

1 Like

For NL/Nedap, you can check which archetypes are translated to Dutch. (twitter CKM might be useful).

1 Like

And the way to search for archetypes in a specific language, go to the Find Resources tab, choose the “Class & Language” tab, and then tick the wanted language. Be aware, your next search will remember that particular search criteria, so to make your frustration less painful, do another search with no specific language ticked off.

3 Likes

I think 10 archetypes are too few, probably 30-50 would be closer.

Then I would add at least the following:

SECTION
Ad-hoc image

CLUSTER
Medication details image
Timing - daily image
Timing - non-daily image
Dosage image
Therapeutic direction image
Service direction image
Imaging examination of a body structure image
Specimen image

OBSERVATION
Pulse/Heart beat image
Respirations image
Pulse oximetry image
Body temperature image
Body weight image
Height/Length image
Spirometry image
ECG image
Medication statement image
Screening questionnaire family of archetypes (some image)
Imaging examination result image
Fluid balance image
Progress note image
Story/History image

INSTRUCTION
Medication order image

ACTION
Medication management image

EVALUATION
Adverse reaction risk image
Precaution image
Tobacco smoking summary image
Smokeless tobacco summary image
Alcohol consumption summary image
Clinical synopsis image
Health risk assessment image

8 Likes

Yes, we won’t get very far with only ten, but I wanted to accentuate the need for prioritization. :slight_smile: Great addition to my list, Silje, thanks a lot!

4 Likes