DV_INTERVAL of any DV_ORDERED subclass, does it make sense?

I’m creating test cases for validating different data types and reached the DV_INTERVAL. By the model, we could have DV_INTERVAL<DV_ORDERED> which means intervals of DV_ORDINAL, DV_SCALE and DV_PROPORTION are valid, but in modeling tools an implementations I only saw intervals of DV_COUNT, DV_QUANTITY, DV_DURATION, DV_DATE_TIME, DV_DATE and DV_TIME.

Does it make sense to have intervals of ordinal, scale and proportion? Or is just that current implementations lack those types in the interval upper and lower limits?

(I’m not looking for use cases, just to understand what the model allows and if that makes sense)

It could, since they are ordered entities, and it is commonly done in the real world to triage patients on the basis of a scale or score. If it’s not in the tools it may mean that clinical modellers have not yet wanted to do this.

Thanks, I’ll consider those in the test cases, though it will be difficult to create archetypes and templates with those types.

I would suggest maybe to create empty test cases with a TODO in the documentation or similar… so it shows what holes we may potentially have to fill one day without trying to do all the work right now.

The documentation has some comments about what modeling tools support and don’t, but it doesn’t reference the test data sets (archetypes, templates, compositions, etc.) since those are developed from the docs. But to create the docs, I’m using modeling tools to verify if all possible constraints for the specs are supported.

1 Like