PARTY data in EHR space

One of the problem mentioned in the last years is that sometimes is difficult to record/use PARTY data in an optimal and clean way inside a COMPOSITION, inside the EHR space.
Off course, there are dedicated places where PARTY information can be captured, like ENTRY.subject, ENTRY.provider and ENTRY.other_participations (see EHR Information Model), but it seems that there is a demand for a more ‘ad-hoc’ solution, see following links:

Some of the problems and suggestions are:

This topic/thread is to discuss it further, and get to a final proposal about how specs should be changed (if even want to change them).

From my perspective, looking to the use-cases above and to my own experience with consumers on this issue, and assuming that ENTRY.* attributes are not always a solution to these problems, I noticed the following:

• none of the above mentioned class cannot be used right now as ELEMENT value;
  • DV_EHR_URI is not reach enough to give context (role, type, name, timeframe, etc)
  • LOCATABLE.links are better than DV_EHR_URI, but still not reach enough, and neither ‘positioned’ correctly
  • what we need to record is very close to what PARTCIPATION is for: PARTY identification + name, function/role, optional time and mode. PARTICIPATION in this sense is more reach than PARTY_PROXY or PARTY_IDENTIFIED, or the other LINK/DV_URI solutions.
  • if we could record PARTICIPATION at any point of an archetyped structure (i.e. under ELEMENT), then this could be easily combined with other CLUSTER structures to record more ‘other_details’ - therefore we might not need to add ‘other_details’ to PARTY_PROXY.

Is it than perhaps a solution to introduce a new type - DV_PARTICIPATION? I’m not sure about the choice of the name, perhaps other have better suggestion, but I’m more curios about the functional aspect: will this type be a solution for use-cases mentioned in the topics above?

What will be the impact to have this new type/class? Obviously, it will have to be implemented by EHR vendors, but what will be the impact on AOM/ADL and on AD/CKM/AQL?

Also, will this be enough to solve/capture all the requirements above? My impression is that with this on, we won’t be needed to change any of the other types (PARTY_PROXY, OBJ_REF, etc.), which might be easier to accept by existing implementation.