Mimetype ADL

Hi,

Is there a mimetype defined for ADL-files?

And if not, what is advised to use?

Thanks
Bert

Hi,

Is there a mimetype defined for ADL-files?

And if not, what is advised to use?

Thanks
Bert

There's no dedicated one; a text type should do, but remember ADL is UTF-8. I haven't looked up the rules on that but if text/plain allows UTF-8, then I would use that.

- thomas

Thanks, :wink:

Bert

Hi Thomas,
The value of more specific mime types is that application using the file can determine how to handle the file such as launching an associated application to view it.
XML is just text/plain but it is recommended to be application/xml.
I suggest we look into the process of registering a mime type with IANA, such as application/adl.
Heath

I think it is a good idea. But it will take time, which is understandable.

I wonder, will it be fairly safe to anticipate already on this registration?

Bert