Invalid UCUM units in Archetype Designer

In the archetype designer, the g/100ml shows up as an option. I don’t think this is a valid UCUM unit. Am I missing something?

1 Like

You’re right, this isn’t correct UCUM. It should be “g/(100.ml)”. Btw, have you set UCUM as your unit code system in AD?

I have tried both openEHR and UCUM in the unit code system. They do not seem to make any difference.
Many other UCUM units seem to be missing as well. For example no values are returned when I try to choose 10*6/uL ucumproblem_ad , mg/dL etc.

1 Like

In my very personal opinion, it would be ideal to have some sort of “UCUM expression building” software component that lets you build UCUM compliant unit expressions on the fly. It would have to conform to the UCUM syntax, grammar and base units, but I think in the long run it’d be easier than having to precoordinate a list of all the different permutations that people need.

If such a component was open source, it could be integrated into tools like AD.

:innocent: :pray:t2:

5 Likes

That could be a good idea. This may be useful https://ucum.nlm.nih.gov/ucum-lhc/.

regards

2 Likes

Thank’s for reporting. I’ve checked within AD and you’re right.
For backward compatibility AD keeps a mapping between legacy openEHR unit code system and a subset of UCUM. See: PropertyUnitData.xml

@siljelb I’m more then happy to update with the latest :wink:

PropertyUnitData.xml (54.7 KB)

Fixed it (and some other units that had the same problem).

PropertyUnitData.xml (54.7 KB)

2 Likes

@siljelb beautiful as always. Will be updated with next release (ETA 14d) :wink:

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Web template export

Hi! I am in the UCUM API and I cannot find a match for g/(100.ml) but only for g/(100.g) - gram per 100 gram.

I also checked the UCUM repo GitHub - ucum-org/ucum and Clinical Table Search Service but I had no success.

Am I looking to the wrong place? Or was UCUM updated and the previous “ml” is not supported anymore?

@vanessap maybe instead of 100.ml you can use dl (decilitre) as they are equivalent

1 Like

Yes that’s true. g/dL is also one of units available in the use case I have received and they are basically the same.
Maybe that could be the reason why it does not appear on UCUM anymore and it would make sense.

Thanks!

Looks to me like it validates? (UCUM-LHC Demo)

Hi,

After some discussions with Thomas and SEC, I added the latest version of PropertyUnitData.xml to the latest specification-TERM, as part of upcoming Release 3.0.0 of TERM component, based on tickets SPECTERM-24 and SPECPR-408.

As from now on, can you consider this place (inside specifications-TERM) as the main source of truth of this file? Future changes can be submitted via JIRA and we can then apply SEC workflow on maintaining that file.

Another (new) problem: while comparing properties with those declared in openehr_terminology.xml I found a few mismatches which I want to fix, but I need your feedback and support @siljelb, @borut.fabjan, @ian.mcnicoll, @vanessap. The needed changes are prepared in a PullRequest - could you review and comment on GitHub (or on JIRA links above)?

1 Like