Archetype development and governance methodologies for the electronic health record

Hello,

The past 15th of February I defended my PhD thesis titled “Archetype development and governance methodologies for the electronic health record”.

I forgot to announce it here for the community, I should be ashamed. But better late than never :sweat_smile:

Summary
Semantic interoperability of health information is an essential requirement for the sustainability of healthcare, and it is essential to face the new health challenges of a globalized world. This thesis provides new methodologies to tackle some of the fundamental aspects of semantic interoperability, specifically those aspects related to the definition and governance of clinical information models expressed in the form of archetypes.

The contributions of the thesis are:

• Study of existing modeling methodologies of semantic interoperability components that will influence in the definition of an archetype modeling methodology.
  • Comparative analysis of existing clinical information model governance systems and initiatives.
  • A proposal of a unified Archetype Modeling Methodology that formalizes the phases of archetype development, the required participants, and the good practices to be followed.
  • Identification and definition of archetype governance principles and characteristics.
  • Design and development of tools that provide support to archetype modeling and governance.

The contributions of this thesis have been put into practice in multiple projects and development experiences. These experiences vary from a local project inside a single organization that required a reuse on clinical data based on semantic interoperability principles, to the development of national electronic health record projects.

Reference
Moner Cano, D. (2021). Archetype development and governance methodologies for the electronic health record [Doctoral thesis]. Universitat Politècnica de València. https://doi.org/10.4995/Thesis/10251/164916

Full text
http://hdl.handle.net/10251/164916

7 Likes