Value set defined in External Coded Local Terms is not displayed consistently among different users

On Wednesday, June 05, 2024, we were surprised by an issue using the Archetype Designer at tools.openehr.org.

Context:
Both users separately uploaded the same file set each onto a new and empty repository. This file set represents a constrained template using mainly the composition “Request for service” and the archetype “Medication order” with defined local terms - where it applies.

But, both users got a different behavior with the same template from the same file set, namely that the defined value set for the attributes “Route” and “Administration method” in the Archetype “Medication order” were only displayed for one user, but not the other. Both were using tools.openehr.org’s Archetype Designer. The respective attributes with this incoherent behavior represent a coded text with an “External Coded” “Local terms” defined value set, such as

1. Administration method:
  • Code: “SCT-738990001”
  • Text: Administer
  1. Route
  • Code: “SCT-26643006;EDQM-20053000”
  • Text: “Oral route”

On the other hand, using the Better Form renderer - based on the opt file - both users got an identical behavior and the value set were available for both users.

Question
Before uploading too many images and files, I wanted to ask,

1. if this behavior in Archetype Designer is known to happen.
  2. if there exist some configurations that a user might perform on the Archetype Designer that might explain this behavior.
1 Like

Hi Lucas,

strange, but definitely not expected behaviour :wink:
Can you easily replicate this issue?

Hi Fabjan
yes, I still have this issue in https://discourse.openehr.org/
User: daniel.ratschiller@gmail.com
see screenshot below
could we meet per zoom for that?
Sincerely,

Daniel

Based on past feedback on this issue on site, the issue seems to arise, when someone is using a GitHub repository (at github.com) to model the template in Archetype Designer at tools.openehr.org and then exporting it as a file set for a reviewer, who uploads the file set onto his account at tools.openehr.org using his credentials not associated with a GitHub account.

Thus, if the reviewer uploads this file set onto the archetype designer using a “local” repository at tools.openehr.org and thus his/her credentials as a non-github-account, then the modelled template is not displayed as modelled by the author. But if the reviewer, logins onto tools.openehr.org using their credentials for a github account, then the template is displayed as modelled - this is my current understanding from the feedback, and I expect that I misunderstood it

But I hope, that @Daniel_Ratschiller may provide his findings on this thread to share for clarification.