If I understand things correctly, the old archetypes…
- Blood glucose: https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/archetypes/1013.1.564
- Blood Glucose Test Result: https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/archetypes/1013.1.1402
- Haemoglobin A1c: https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/archetypes/1013.1.551
…have been rejected and replaced by the more generic pattern using terminology e.g. LOINC or SNOMED CT combined with the archetype…
- Laboratory test result: https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/archetypes/1013.1.2191 …
- …internally including the cluster Laboratory analyte result: https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/archetypes/1013.1.2881 …
…as shown in e.g. the “glucose parts” of the templates…
- Antenatal - first visit: https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/templates/1013.26.224
- Triage assessment: https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/templates/1013.26.227
- NCD - first visit: https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/templates/1013.26.226
I believe this is good and a sensible pattern to make e.g. maintenance and querying easier. However without shared templates several people/projects need to reassemble the pieces over and over again, possibly with slightly different structural and semantic choices.
- Is the above description of the design intentions correct?
- Don’t you think it would be smart to internationally share a terminology bound glucose template based on Laboratory test result (the OBSERVATION archetype including the CLUSTER, not based on a COMPOSITION) that could be reused for many use cases where glucose is needed.
- Does anybody happen to have (or be wanting to quickly assemble) and be willing to share such a template based on openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.laboratory_test_result.v1
- Can such a template include a choice of fasting glucose , measurements after meals etc? And reusable modelling about glucose/insulin challenges?
- Would anybody happen to have a template for HbA1c?
Pick one or several questions to answer or comment