Problem when loading a GDL file containing a duration element into the GDL2 editor

Hi everybody,

I get an error message when trying to load a GDL file into the GDL2 editor: text cannot be parsed to a duration.

The only duration element that I have in the file is the attribute chronological age, of the archetype openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.age.v0. Therefore, the problem should be in the way that I have set up a rule for this attribute. Here is an example of how I did this:

“$gt0028|Chronological age|>=P60Y”

As I do make use of the ISO8601 notation, I do not understand what exactly is causing the problem. Is there anyone who has an idea on how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Loraine

Update:

Changing the format to “$gt0028|Chronological age|>=PT525948H46M” does work. Still I wonder why the previous format did not work.

Also, a new problem arises now: I cannot test the output of the guideline, because there is no input bar for chronological age under the execution tab, even after clicking the refresh button and re-uploading the document.

Ideas about why this happens and how to solve this problem, are most welcome!

Hi Loraine,

I am a clinical modeller from Cambio CDS. Thank you for bringing up this issue.

There indeed seems to be an issue with GDL2-Editor when using the data type DV_DURATION for an element. We will soon organize a fix for this and get back to you.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Rashmi

1 Like

Hi Loraine, the issue with uploading of gdl2 file with DV_DURATION element and other related issues are fixed. But on further testing, it was revealed that gdl2 engine currently lacks support for the execution of DV_DURATION element. So, we expect a short delay in a new release of the GDL2-editor with this fix included.

Meanwhile, as a workaround you can use DV_QUANTITY for the Chronological age element with unit options in years or months (as per you requirements), for example, “$gt0028|Chronological age|>=60,a”. We have also never used DV_DURATION in rules, instead we use DV_QUANTITY in such cases. Hope this helps to continue your modeling work.

We are happy to see that you are using the gdl2-editor and giving valuable feedback. Would it be possible to share some details in what context you are using it, so we can have a better understanding of different use cases.

Cheers, Rashmi

1 Like

Hi Rashmi,

Thank you very much for your help! Also, it is great to hear that you are already working on a fix.

In response to your question: we are translating human-interpretable medical guidelines to computer-interpretable medical guidelines, and in order to do so, we chose to work with OpenEHR and then the GDL2-editor.

Best wishes,

Loraine

2 Likes

Hi Loraine,

Thank you for your response!
It is to give you an update that we will be releasing the GDL2-editor with the DV_DURATION support as early as possible. There has been some delay due to the work load.

Regards,
Rashmi