I have been working on an Overview specification to provide a better picture of the multiple specifications in the area of Guidelines, CDS, Task Planning and so on.
It is still work in progress, but since one of the things it tries to do is to summarise clinical requirements in this area, we’d like to get some clinical feedback from those who work with guidelines / CDS etc, or are just interested in them.
The document is here, and the main sections to review from a clinical point of view are sections 3-5. The TOC entries for this part are as shown below, to give an idea of the topics mentioned.
We’d like to know if there are any major omissions or errors, and beyond that, any specific additional details we should include.
- 3. Needs
- 3.1. How Can IT Improve Clinical Care Process?
- 3.2. Implementing Best Practices
- 3.3. Long-running Processes
- 3.4. Integration with the Patient Record
- 3.5. Cognitive Model
- 3.6. Independence of Reusable Guidelines from Legacy HIS Environments
- 4. Care Process Artefacts and their Formalisation
- 4.1. Best Practice Artefacts
- 4.2. Care Plans
- 4.3. Formalisation
- 5. Deployment Paradigm
- 5.1. Separation of Worlds
- 5.2. Distributed Plans