Missing NodeId Elements

Hi

I have been using the openEhr client library class to generate a composition based upon a couple of templates that I have been working with. However in order for the compositions to be generated without error, I have had to manually add <node_id/> elements to each element with a tag of “Children” e.g. , as the template I am using only has nodeId fields where there is a set value. I am just wondering if this perhaps an issue with the client library that I am using, and that nodeId’s should not necessarily be an expected field of the Children tag (as per the openEhr standard) or perhaps there is an issue with the templates I am using and the nodeId field should always be present? It would really useful if someone could please clarify if the nodeId fields should be mandatory whether they have set value or not?

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Alan

Hi Alan,

there are certainly some issues with in the alpha status of the tool. My understanding is, that we need to add some “cleaning” of null values (= remove the skeleton objects from the tree). In this regard, it is well possible that we missed your use-cases in the unit tests. Would it be possible to attach the created compositions? We can directly try to resolve these issues after next week with the next sprint cycle!

Sorry for the inconvenience, we would also appreciate if you can raise an issue later.

Best,

Birger

Hi Birger

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I can attach the compositions that were generated from the ehrBase client library, but these were generated from the template that had the additional nodeIds added in manually. Would it be better to send you the templates that I had attempted to use, prior to having their content manually altered?

Thanks
Alan

It would be helpful if you could provide the classes generated, the manually annotated ones and the compositions. We are not 100% sure if we understand the issue correctly. Hence, the more the better.

Hi Birger

This issue has now been resolved by Stefan Spiska, it appears that the nodeIds are not mandatory in an openEhr template and that he has changed something in the client-library to reflect this.

But thanks for all your help.

Alan