Is anyone using Marand's web-template project? I doesn't build

I’m trying to build the project GitHub - better-care/web-template: WebTemplate implementation for openEHR CDR

To generate some test cases for the HiGHmed’s compliance test suite.

I have tried many things and failed miserably Error on build on /LocaleBasedValueConverter.kt: (23, 29) · Issue #1 · better-care/web-template · GitHub

Maybe others have better luck with it and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

@pablo did you get it working later? A former colleague of mine had it running a while ago.

@borut.fabjan and others ay Better:The readme file and documentation of the GitHub project is currently very thin. Perhaps you could improve/correct the text below and add it to the readme?

I asked GPT4:
Write an introduction to how the code at GitHub - better-care/web-template: WebTemplate implementation for openEHR CDR is used

And it responded:
The code at better-care/web-template is a Java library that implements the WebTemplate specification for openEHR Clinical Data Repository (CDR). WebTemplate is a way of transforming openEHR archetypes and templates into a simpler and more user-friendly format, suitable for web applications and data entry¹. The library provides the following features:

• Converting openEHR Operational Templates (OPT) into WebTemplates (WT)
  • Converting WebTemplates into JSON Schema for data validation
  • Converting JSON data into openEHR Composition objects
  • Converting openEHR Composition objects into JSON data
  • Validating JSON data against WebTemplates and openEHR rules
  • Providing metadata and terminology information for WebTemplates

The code is organized into several modules, each with a specific purpose and functionality. The main modules are:

• web-template-core: contains the core classes and interfaces for WebTemplate representation and conversion
  • web-template-json: contains the classes and utilities for JSON serialization and deserialization of WebTemplates and Compositions
  • web-template-validator: contains the classes and logic for validating JSON data against WebTemplates and openEHR rules
  • web-template-test: contains the unit tests and test resources for the library

The code also includes some examples and documentation on how to use the library in different scenarios, such as generating WebTemplates from OPT files, creating JSON Schema from WebTemplates, converting JSON data to and from Compositions, and validating JSON data. The code is licensed under the Apache License 2.0 and follows the code of conduct and contributing guidelines of the better-care organization¹.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 30/12/2023
(1) GitHub - better-care/web-template: WebTemplate implementation for … GitHub - better-care/web-template: WebTemplate implementation for openEHR CDR.
(2) GitHub - better-care/web-template: WebTemplate implementation for … GitHub - better-care/web-template: WebTemplate implementation for openEHR CDR.
(3) better-care/web-template-tests: WebTemplate unit test suite - GitHub. GitHub - better-care/web-template-tests: WebTemplate unit test suite.

I’m not working on that project anymore, now I just use normal opts, but I have the JSON schema for opts in my to-do list.

@erik.sundvall Not sure if this is helpful in this context, but for the case it does not have to be Better’s implementation, you can just use the implementation in the EHRbase openEHR SDK.

1 Like