INCLUDE AN ARCHETYPE OBSERVATION (IMAGES) IN AN ARCHETYPE SECTION (DIAGNOSTIC TEST RESULTS)

Hi.

I´m new at Open EHR Archetype designer.

I have a little problem. After building an observation (imaging examination result), I´m trying to include this Observation into the SECTION: Diagnostic test result (Imaging test results), but I haven´t found the way to do this.

Any recommendation?

Thanks

Hi Rafael,

You cannot do this at archetype level. This is where templates come in.

For your use case

1. Create a new Composition-based template, using perhaps the COMPOSITION.report.v1 archetype.

2. Add the Imaging Section archetype into the top-level ‘content’ slot inside the composition

3. Add the Observation imaging result into the slot inside the section

1 Like

Hi Rafael, in openEHR the only way to “include” an archetype into another archetype is via an archetype slot, so the parent archetype (section) should have a slot that allows the child archetype (observation) to appear into it’s items.

If you are using an existing section archetype that doesn’t have the slot, you have a couple options: 1. define your own section archetype with the slot, 2. specialize the current archetype you are using and add the slot to the specialized archetype.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much for the information.

1 Like

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Hi, Rafael
I agree with Ian above. But just to be sure, when you say that you have built an observation (imaging examination result), I hope that you have not built your own, but using the published OBSERVATION.imaging_exam_result https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/archetypes/1013.1.1494?

1 Like

Hi, Varntzen.

Yes, I´ve used the published observation (CKM).

I think my problem is solved, following our mates´recommendations, creating a template.

Thanks a lot

3 Likes