How to use null_flavor in the flat format?

My template uses the Glasgow Coma scale.
The Ordinals in the Glasgow Coma scale archetype have a value and a null_flavor within the ELEMENT.
There seems to be a lot of different paths that are being generated for these, based on the tools used.

Using Better’s template designer and the paths generated by concatenating the ids on a webtemplate this was obtained:

/initial_assesment/glasgow_coma_scale_gcs/best_motor_response_m/ordinal_value

/initial_assesment/glasgow_coma_scale_gcs/best_verbal_response_m/coded_text_value

However their respective AQL paths are:
/content[openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.glasgow_coma_scale.v1]/data[at0001]/events[at0002]/data[at0003]/items[at0008]/value

/content[openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.glasgow_coma_scale.v1]/data[at0001]/events[at0002]/data[at0003]/items[at0008]/null_flavour

And EHRBase webtemplates generated these paths:
/initial_assesment/glasgow_coma_scale_gcs/best_motor_response_m

/initial_assesment/glasgow_coma_scale_gcs/best_motor_response_m/null_flavour

What is the correct way to handle null_flavor using flatforms? What should be the path to the ordinal and the null_flavor?

For Better CDR…

{
"initial_assesment/glasgow_coma_scale_gcs/best_motor_response_m/_null_flavour|code": "271",
}

The following set of codes (or values) can be used:

• 253: unknown
  • 271: no information
  • 272: masked
  • 273: not applicable

I have not tested it with Ehrbase.

There is an underscore too before null_flavor? _null_flavor and not null_flavor?

What about the path for posting the ordinal?
initial_assesment/glasgow_coma_scale_gcs/best_motor_response_m
or
initial_assesment/glasgow_coma_scale_gcs/best_motor_response_m/value?

Any documentation or standardization for this? In fact, it was hard for me to find good documentation for flat formats too. Any proper resource?
I figured it out from here, how to represent an ordinal (probably really old):

This is supposed to have it for common data types, but misses out ordinal:

And the official documentation has some JAVA code to generate the paths, but I haven’t really used/tested them out. More explicit examples would definitely help people who’re starting out.

Some examples here … https://freshehr.github.io/dhi-proms/dhis/DHIS6-committing-proms-data/

"howru_score": [ {
            "pain_or_discomfort": [
                {
                    "|code": "at0041",
                    "|value": "slight",
                    "|ordinal": 1
                }
            ],

so ??

initial_assesment/glasgow_coma_scale_gcs/best_motor_response_m|value
initial_assesment/glasgow_coma_scale_gcs/best_motor_response_m|code
initial_assesment/glasgow_coma_scale_gcs/best_motor_response_m|ordinal

1 Like

We will further align with Betters implementation in EHRbase and will also provide more examples and better documentation. For example, we should add an integration/unit test with these use-cases as reference.

1 Like