Formalising usability specification of laboratory results through template visualisation

I am doing a PhD on the clinical usability of EHR systems through visualisation, and wondering if I can use openehr archetypes and templates as a research output - i.e. whether they are explicit enough to specify chunking of different lab tests, drill-down granularity of results and interactivity.

I am a clinician, so not that tech-minded. But I am stuck between trying to explain visualisation specifications by syntax / description or by model. Ideally, I would like to do the latter in some way that makes sense to coders.

I have developed a prototype which might help explain things a bit better.

Dave

Hi Dave, I’m sorry your question got lost. I’m sure people are interested in your work.
What’s important is openEHR is a specification for modelling the data. It say little to nothing about how it’s visualised on the screen. So if you want to model clinical data about an individual openEHR is the best there is. All openEHR data is computable so it can be stored and processed from the start. But many programmers are unfamiliar with the concepts in openEHR. So if you just want to visualise your models to a regular developer, UML or mind maps may be better tools.
Could you explain a bit more what it is your visualising?

1 Like