Finally I was able to run EHRServer with docker-compose

Clone the repo: GitHub - ppazos/cabolabs-ehrserver: Open platform to manage and share standardized clinical data, designed by @ppazos at CaboLabs Health Informatics.

Have Grails 3.3.10 installed: Download | Grails® Framework

$ cd cabolabs-ehrserver

$ grails war

$ cd docker-compose

$ docker-compose up

localhost:8080 will be #Adminer (a #MySQL manager)

localhost:8888 will be #Tomcat (running EHRServer)

#openEHR OSS Platform GitHub - ppazos/cabolabs-ehrserver: Open platform to manage and share standardized clinical data, designed by @ppazos at CaboLabs Health Informatics.

4 Likes

Nice work Pablo!

I wanted to try it, but it seems it requires Java 8, and currently my environment is configured with Java 15 :frowning:

Have you thought in upgrading the Grails/Java version?

1 Like

Hi David,

Yes, it’s built using Grails 3.3.10 which requires JDK8. I use SDKMAN! to manage my JDKs so I can have multiple JDKs on my machine and use the old ones for this system https://sdkman.io/

The idea is to migrate to Grails 5+ which supports newer versions of JDK but won’t be any time soon since that requires a lot of code migration and testing and I’m the only maintainer of EHRServer. Though help is always welcome!

It is also possible to create a docker image and build it there then use that WAR for docker-compose. That was the idea of the Dockerfile.dev that are on the repo. There are a couple of those but since I’m not a docker expert, I don’t know if those are “correct”, I somehow managed to build grails there and run it with an external DB.

Hi @pablo i’m trying to install on linux machine it says some springconnection error

1 Like

We talked with @ajit024 and the error was the notification service is down due some maintenance we are doing on our servers. He just commented the line that checked for platform notifications and it worked :slight_smile: