Finally I was able to run EHRServer with docker-compose

Clone the repo: GitHub - ppazos/cabolabs-ehrserver: Open platform to manage and share standardized clinical data, designed by @ppazos at CaboLabs Health Informatics.

Have Grails 3.3.10 installed: Download | Grails® Framework

$ cd cabolabs-ehrserver

$ grails war

$ cd docker-compose

$ docker-compose up

localhost:8080 will be #Adminer (a #MySQL manager)

localhost:8888 will be #Tomcat (running EHRServer)

#openEHR OSS Platform GitHub - ppazos/cabolabs-ehrserver: Open platform to manage and share standardized clinical data, designed by @ppazos at CaboLabs Health Informatics.

3 Likes

Nice work Pablo!

I wanted to try it, but it seems it requires Java 8, and currently my environment is configured with Java 15 :frowning:

Have you thought in upgrading the Grails/Java version?

1 Like

Hi David,

Yes, it’s built using Grails 3.3.10 which requires JDK8. I use SDKMAN! to manage my JDKs so I can have multiple JDKs on my machine and use the old ones for this system https://sdkman.io/

The idea is to migrate to Grails 5+ which supports newer versions of JDK but won’t be any time soon since that requires a lot of code migration and testing and I’m the only maintainer of EHRServer. Though help is always welcome!

It is also possible to create a docker image and build it there then use that WAR for docker-compose. That was the idea of the Dockerfile.dev that are on the repo. There are a couple of those but since I’m not a docker expert, I don’t know if those are “correct”, I somehow managed to build grails there and run it with an external DB.