EHR Base installation using Docker & FHIR

Hey all,

I am new to Open EHR. I am trying to take the clinical datas from openEHR using FHIR. I am trying to understand how this works. I have exported Archetypes from Clinical knowledge manager. And uploded into the Archetype Builder and created a templates and have exported the templates now.

I am trying to install EHR Base through docker but stuck in creating .yml file . so i have taken a example file from GIT . But that seems to be not working. I have attached the file below for your reference.

version: ‘3’

services:
ehrbase:
image: ehrbase/ehrbase:next
ports:
- 8888:8080
networks:
- ehrbase-net
env_file:
- .env.ehrbase
environment:
DB_URL: jdbc:postgresql://ehrdb:5432/ehrbase
DB_USER_ADMIN: ehrbase
DB_PASS_ADMIN: ehrbase
DB_USER: ehrbase_restricted
DB_PASS: ehrbase_restricted
restart: on-failure

ehrdb:
image: ehrbase/ehrbase-postgres:13.4.v2
ports:
- 5432:5432
networks:
- ehrbase-net
volumes:
- ./.pgdata:/var/lib/postgresql/data
environment:
POSTGRES_USER: postgres
POSTGRES_PASSWORD: postgres
EHRBASE_USER_ADMIN: ehrbase
EHRBASE_PASSWORD_ADMIN: ehrbase
EHRBASE_USER: ehrbase_restricted
EHRBASE_PASSWORD: ehrbase_restricted

networks:
ehrbase-net: {}

Kindly can any one explain how OpenEHR works. How can we take Datas from Open EHR through FHIR. How to install EHR base using Docker .yml file. Kindly provide me a .yml file for the installation. Any documentations or videos reg this will be much helpful.

Best Regards,
Aravindh RN

Hi @Aravindh,

sorry for late reply, we had Easter holidays. Is this question still valid?

Hey @birger.haarbrandt ,

Thank you for the response, The above mentioned issue is solved.

Now I have exported Archetypes from Clinical knowledge manager. And uploded into the Archetype Builder and created a templates and have exported the templates now. Then have installed the EHR Base and have Posted the Templates using Rest Api. Now i have created the EHR ID too. I have created a XML composition using EHR Tool builder using my opt file.

And also i have created a frontened UI using Medblocks UI. I wanted to understand how FHIR works with Open EHR. I have searched all over internet. I didn’t get any technical clarity videos or documentations on fhir with OpenEHR.

I am trying to take the clinical datas from Open EHR through FHIR, Is it possible?. If yes how can i do it?. I saw FHIR Bridge in the EHRbase. But it has mentioned that It helps to transform data in the FHIR format to openEHR compositions. So we can able to create FHIR format to OpenEHR compositions… But not EHR compositions into FHIR format? Am i correct?

Kindly please tell me your views regarding this.

Best Regards,
Aravindh RN

An alternative to FHIR Bridge is to use the HAPI-FHIR library over the top of openEHR AQL or /composition calls…

This is based on FHIR STU3 - I’m in the middle of updating it to work with FHIR4.

Fhir-bridge:
Short:
openEHR → FHIR = no
FHIR → openEHR = yes

Long:
You can kinda reroll mappings so everything that was mapped into openEHR can be rolled back to its initial FHIR instance and therefore is backwards convertible. This is since we store the initial input FHIR resources and link them in the feeder audit of the compositions allowing us to trace. But there is no conversion of openEHR compositions that are a not a result of an FHIR to openEHR mappings.