Clinical models for eating disorder

I am currently exploring clinical models for eating disorders. Some are present and some not. Many tools in psychiatric care are licensed. This need to be handled.

In my search I found a publication from 2018. See more information below. My questions is:

• Where can I find the three openEHR archetypes developed as part of this publication?
  • Does anyone know the authors to get insight in the clinical models developed?

Information about the publication:

P. Alves Maranhão et al., “OpenEHR Modeling Applied to Eating Disorders in Clinical Practice: OpenEHR-Archetypes in Eating Disorders,
2018 IEEE 31st International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS), Karlstad, Sweden, 2018, pp. 36-41, doi: 10.1109/CBMS.2018.00014.

Abstract: Eating disorders (ED) are described as a broad spectrum of eating-related issues, which include dysfunctional behavior related to dissatisfaction with body shape or size, as well as inadequate eating behavior such as purgative practices, binge eating and dietary restrictions for weight loss and control purposes. ED assessments are carried out through questionnaires/scales focused on ED symptoms. Meanwhile, electronic health records (EHR) should help health professionals to make decisions by providing data to support individual decisions.

Aim: The current article aims to present a solution for the integration of ED tools into EHR via openEHR-archetypes and to understand the challenges involving in this process.

Methods: This is an exploratory study. The literature review focused on finding the main scales applied to ED screening, which were organized and structured into openEHR-archetypes. The Ocean Archetype Editor software was used as openEHR modeling tool.

Results: Three new open-EHR archetypes (Eating attitudes test - EAT-40 and its short-version - EAT-26; and Bulimic Investigatory Test, Edinburgh - BITE) were developed in the initial stage of the current study. According to a review conducted by a member of our research group, these archetypes were described as the most often adopted tests by researchers.

Conclusions: The quality of medical information is essential to help improving data standards and to assure interoperability. The openEHR-archetypes developed in the current study will be essential to help to improve clinical practices and, mainly, clinical research.

URL: OpenEHR Modeling Applied to Eating Disorders in Clinical Practice: OpenEHR-Archetypes in Eating Disorders | IEEE Conference Publication | IEEE Xplore

1 Like

Since this is work in progress I share the archetypes I develop here: GitHub - bjornna/modelling-hackshow

If I proceed on the work they archetypes will be shared with “openEHR Norway” and tried for review in our national CKM. Time will show how when :slight_smile:

1 Like