CKM review translations

Well, it’s been a while since our last formal translation review. :slight_smile: The built-in tools in the CKM are really easy to use for this and the review process is smooth and rather self-explaining. But what I think would be helpful is if it was possible to use the review functionality for informal review rounds as well. That is, if I check out and translate an archetype I would like to be able to invite just a few persons for a first informal review round or two to get the translation up to an acceptable level, before sending out invites to a lot of people for the final formal review. Maybe this is possible, but I haven’t figured out how to do it yet. Using the review tool is not necessary for this (but would be nice), a perhaps simpler alternative is if I could let others edit my branch, but that’s impossible isn’t it?

2 Likes

Of course I could send out a printable version in both source and target language for informal reviews, but I don’t think that is an optimal option.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. So how do I start to use (which button to click) the built in ckm translation review?

1 Like

You could do an initial review round for a smaller group as well, there’s nothing forcing you to invite lots of people.

We could have a web call to demonstrate the functionality, if you like?

1 Like

@joostholslag Have you checked that your role in the CKM allows you to initiate reviews?

1 Like

A demo might be good for me too, as a refresh - things are really starting to happen fast in Sweden so probably we will run a lot of translation reviews pretty soon.

1 Like

I’d be very happy if you wanted to join, Åsa, you have more experience with this than I have! :blush:

EDIT: This goes for anyone else who’d like to run translation reviews on the international CKM too, btw. Ping this thread and we’ll include you. We’re planning for a web call early next week.

1 Like

I’d like to join as well.

2 Likes

We’ll meet this Monday at 12 Amsterdam time via zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

We’ll try to record the meeting, for those who can’t attend.

1 Like

Thanks @siljelb for the explenations.
1st step is to ask the editors of a project to allow you as a (translation) editor. (see 2nd video)
The of the process on how to invite people for a translation review is shown in video 1.

video 1 and 2 are found here: Passcode Required - Zoom
Passcode: a^D4eS

1 Like

Oh, I totally missed that a meeting was planned. It would have been nice to attend, but thanks anyway for the recordings, I’ll check them out!

2 Likes

@siljelb we finished the translation review and came to agreement and all changes have been merged. Could you tell me how to update the translation status for Dutch to “published”?

1 Like

Hi Joost,

Silje is on summer holiday :partying_face:

Click on the 7th icon that looks like a medal.
Scroll down to the Dutch translation and select your new status!
2021-07-16_17-56-53

Cheers

H

Thanks Heather,
the first dutch translation ever (afaik) has been reviewed and published!
Thanks everyone involved.

p.s. isn’t a status change like this a patch update to the archetype version?

1 Like

The status of the content publication process is a CKM thing and not included in the ADL, so it doesn’t change the technical version. A published archetype in one CKM will be uploaded to another CKM as a draft.

Thanks for the clarification! I know there is a general lifecycle state of the archetype in the archetype. I assumed that is the same as the CKM draft/published, am I wrong?
I see there is no per language lifecycle state in the archetype, maybe that could be nice to put in the archetype? It can be valuable to track/process in a CDR.

1 Like

Relevant specs are here: Archetype Identification

1 Like

Hi @joostholslag, is this recording still available? The passcode didn’t work when I tried so perhaps it no longer exists…but if it does, I’d love to watch it! :slight_smile:

It doesn’t look like it. It doesn’t take the password. Do you need me to delve into it?

It’s ok, no need to start digging around. Thanks though! :slight_smile: We’ll be starting some Finnish translation reviews soon so I was just interested in watching the recordings if they were still available. I presume the instructions on the clinical wiki cover all the main points?

1 Like