'Cause of death' is ready for publication

Dear all,

The archetype Cause of death has been on two review rounds. A total of 39 participants have given their input. With the changes done after the second round, the editors suggest the archetype to be published.

The archetype can be found here: Clinical Knowledge Manager (openehr.org)
Content reviews can be found here: Clinical Knowledge Manager (openehr.org)

It is planned to be published one week from now - Wednesday 31th of May. If any comments or objections to do so, please add them here.

On behalf of the editors,
Mikkel Johan Gaup Grønmo

2 Likes

Archetype is now published.

2 Likes

The cause of death archetype update to v1 (version ) seems to have caused the death of the related not yet updated CKM example template at that still uses the v0 archetype now when v0 has vanished from the CKM “trunk” and been reincarnated as v1

Since it is only the CKM “trunk” that is reflected in CKM-mirror on Github, this causes errors like the one below in Archetype Designer when working with forks of CKM-mirror. Could somebody with appropriate access rights please update the example template? (There is also a previous related post about breaking updates.)

I’ve moved the template to the “Swedish editors” project, where you have the rights to update it :smile:

1 Like

I think it would be better if somebody (@lekkim?) that actually did work with, and thus knows the actual refactoring of the archetypes in question, updated related example template(s) in the CKM. Checking and fixing what breaks in official CKM examples should be a part of the archetype release process.

The old (now broken) template looks like this

What is the new supposed usage pattern? The new version of the Archetype, Evaluation Archetype: Cause of death [openEHR Clinical Knowledge Manager], that the template was based on, does not have a “Death details”-slot. Also there is no longer a “Death details” archetype in the CKM other than the one from PARENT, Cluster Archetype: Death details (PARENT) [openEHR Clinical Knowledge Manager].

I suspect that the “PARENT Death details” is not supposed to go in to the “Additional details” slot of the international CKM “Cause of death” archetype…

…but rather that some other pattern was thought of in the refactoring.

If somebody tells me what pattern would be the best for a template to demonstrate the usage of cause of death etc, then I could either update or make a new example template.

The “Use” section of the “Cause of death” archetype lists three use cases:

1. a death certificate or notification, nested within the COMPOSITION.certificate archetype;
  2. a post mortem report, nested within the COMPOSITION.report-post_mortem archetype, as one of a number of components of a post mortem report; or
  3. disease registries and epidemiological surveillance, nested within the COMPOSITION.report-case_investigation archetype, as one of a number of components of a case investigation, such as a maternal mortality investigation.

Regarding #3 I can’t find any such “case_investigation” archetype, but there is a openEHR-EHR-COMPOSITION.report-clinical_investigation.v0

Regarding all (#1-#3) none of those enclosing COMPOSTION suggestions contain an obvious place to record time of death - one of the main things the old (now broken) template demonstrated, so an example showing that would likely still be very valuable.

There is a “Death Summary” EVALUATION archetype that contains “Date/time of death” https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/archetypes/1013.1.5605 should that go into one of the example compositions (#1-#3) as a sibling next to “cause of death”? (Since EVALUATIONS can not be nested in each other.)

If so we should just remove the old example and now (or later) create a new one since I don’t think it is wise to “upgrade” an EVALUATION based template to a COMPOSITION based template without changing the identifier and scope.

Thorough post there Erik, and I agree with your summary - the template has not been updated with the latest changes from the reworked concepts, the template example was put out there as an referencepoint in an earlier review process.

The outdated template will be removed and replaced with an updated one.

2 Likes