ASA physical status classification system - ready for publication

Hi everyone,

The archetype ASA physical status classification system has been through one review round, and there were no major issues. The editorial team suggests publishing.

If you have any comments or objections, please note them here, at the latest in time of the planned publication date, September 29th 2021.

Link to the archetype: ASA physical status classification system

2 Likes

The swedish translations from Revision 8 seem to have been lost in later revisions.

1 Like

Hi Erik,

Unfortunately, this is the reality for all translations in any archetype. It is by design. It is a consequence of major content changes between the latest version that is about to be published and the unreviewed draft that was originally translated.
If the content of a data element changes in English, the translation for that data element revert back to an untranslated state as in the majority of cases they are outdated and in all cases warrant review by a translator to mitigate any potential clinical safety risks. This is why we recommend not translating archetypes until they are published and the content is stable.
While the reality of implementation pressures mean that earlier drafts do get translated, as part of the workflow in CKM all translators of draft archetypes are warned that this is a potential, in fact likely, consequence.

Regards

Heather

2 Likes

A tiny inconsistency (and sorry for the late reply) - in Keywords, there isn’t really a word anaesthesiology. The US English word is Anesthesiology and the UK English is Anaesthesia (or less commonly, Anaesthetics).

2 Likes

Thx - will fix :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Both of these are included in keywords. Keywords are not intended to be all “correct”, but reflect the different things people may search for, including common misspellings and inconsistencies.

3 Likes

I would hope that we don’t generally include keywords with spelling errors etc - normally, the search engine will know how to generate / look up such variants (including common synonyms) from correct keywords?

We do, when those spelling errors are commonly used or maybe even accepted. I can’t think of any examples off the top of my head, but there are a few of them in the CKM.

1 Like