Semi structured narrative data

Dear Nuno, thank you from your reply.
I’m struggling to understand the piece of the editorial guideline. Am I to understand that contrary to earlier conclusions by @mikael and me from the snomed data search and entry guide, it’s not acceptable to record findings in a family history field?

No. It seems only to be a more complicated way of expressing what we already had concluded.

1 Like

Maybe @joostholslag and others would be interested in this free webinar about “SNOMED CT Terminology Binding - a state-of-the Art Review with Recommendations for Practice and Research” that is scheduled at 2022-01-19 15:00 UTC? More information can be found at the page SNOMED - Events if you scroll down to the “Upcoming Research Webinars” heading.

3 Likes

Hi @joostholslag
It depends how you want to use it. You can use it as value set for the user to pic, but the expression record as to be similar to the example show by @mikael with the composition grammar. I think we should use precoordinated terms if available, but it´s virtually impossible cover all the needs. So, having the possibility to use compositional grammar seems a good way to go.

Just came across this: Amazon does something similar in their snomed omop API:

• BeginOffset and EndOffset –The beginning and ending location of the text in the input note, respectively.
1 Like