Request to join project as translation editor

That warning exists and appears when users want to translate non published archetypes.

Agree - but all the more no point in wasting time on translating something that is not ready to be translated either.

Well, I am just not giving that user extra access rights (in the case of private incubators).

To me:

• Private incubators have their use, but they should be used sparingly, because we really want to share and distribute the knowledge, not hide it away.
  • When they are used, the access control is what it is and you most likely don’t want a general translation editor starting to take control of your archetypes. Even so, they can of course still be translated within the private incubator if needed.
  • Coordination however is needed anyway and we could let instance wide translation editors manage the translations of archetypes in public incubators. I think this would be inline with your no-unnecessary authorisation line of thought. The warning message warning translators appears in any case. If after that they want to to translate, its their choice in my view.

Interested in other opinions as well @siljelb @varntzen @ian.mcnicoll maybe?