OpenEHR with SNOMED,LOINC,HL-7 Support

In our UI, all the ACTIVE SNOMED terms, both FSN and the full set of Synonyms ( in the listed Symanic TAGs/hierarchy) are being searched and the relevant Concept ID for the searched item/phrase is being retrieved instantly. Once I know the basic system is differentially useful, other Symantic TAG would be added. They follow the same pattern.

Idea is to understand if any EHR platform uses SNOMED Concepts, and in what form does it use. Once we know that through a sample, the UI ralignment could be done, though I have a feeling our API should suffice and can be consumed directly by any EHR. But I want the feedback from the exponents of the OpenEHR. I need to understand what they expect from the SNOMED terminology server. We use the same SNOMED Terminology database.

Our UI is our conceptual foundation for the system we are visualising. I would like to make the digital healthcare system look less technical, but powerful and a lot more intuitive. The complexity must remain hidden inside. It must not be exposed to the users at any level.

How do you identify the relevant SNOMED code from the EHR backend and record it? Do you search the full/partial phrase and retrieve the SCID ? Do you embed the FSN only or the Synonyms as well?

Have a look at this link for another free SNOMED server - https://cdac.in/index.aspx?id=hi_hs_medinfo_csno_overview

We provide this as a service in EHR.Network. Applications can integrate the search capabilities of the SNOMED server to locate and select the required SNOMED concept. Once selected we save the concept and conceptID as part of the composition. The polymorphism support for OpenEHR text data allows you to record a Coded text also in any text field. So you may store plain text(if recorded without terminology coding) or coded text (if using terminology coding). Such stored data is available for querying using both actual text and/or code.

I hope that helps

regards

1 Like

I reimplemented the SNOMED search slightly differently and I think the EHR can consume my API directly, easily and seamlessly inside the application.

Please visit www.24access.in/smsearch_new.html

and give your valuable feedback.

I specially designed it for the doctors in the small Indian towns.

[I have a few more ideas for the resource-starved doctors in the small towns to use the International standards effortlessly. ]

Waiting for your feedback.

Regards

Prabhat

If we pay for your service, then we both need to pay CDAC/SNOMED for the commercial use of the SNOMED database and have a different licensing agrreement with SNOMED, right?

Is there any possibility of a demo of this part or at least the screenprints where you fill in the SNOMED query result through the CDAC API?

India has a country license for SNOMED CT. So anybody can use it free inside india. NRCES (nrces.in) is the nodal agency for supporting e_health adoption in India. It is funded by the Ministry of Health and Family and run by CDAC pune. We have regular 6 monthly user meets to discuss implementation related issues.

If you are operating in the Indian market, you do not have to pay

regards

1 Like

Even if we create a commercial application, we don’t have to pay?

Regards

Prabhat

Dear Prabhat,

Can we take this discussion private as the discussion has very limited relevance to OpenEHR. Please mail me on dileep ‘at’ healthelife.in so that I can help you out.

regards

1 Like

Sure. Thank you.

Glad I met you here at OpenEHR.

Regards

Prabhat
email : prabhat.mohanty@alt2tech.com

1 Like