OHDSI - and openEHR

Hi,
I am interested in being associated and help

regards

2 Likes

Hi Ian,

I am an enthusiast of OMOP CDM and I am considering using OMOP as a persistance model for clinical applications, but would be interesting to understand about OpenEHR to OMOP transformation as an alternative.

Please let me know if you move forward with this initiative.

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m not really leading any real effort here but good to know others are interested.

OMOP is excellent for its intended purpose but really not a good match for front-line clinical application datasets.

2 Likes

I was interested in this topic but I couldn’t find any active project supporting ETL from openEHR to OMOP CDM. However, I came across this recent article, (section 4.2. page 9) that there is a project in Madrid named Infobanco which aims to implement an OpenEHR repository, as well to provide support for secondary data use though OMOP CDM.

Does anyone know of other initiatives to connect openEHR with OMOP CDM?

Best regards

1 Like

Hi Francesc,

It might be worth posting at OMOP and openEHR

There is general interest in openEHR=>OMOP

1 Like

I have a declerative openEHR to OMOP mapper which will go open source including a bunch of archetype mappings.
Nevertheless, since im doing this for a publication with @yampeku im going to release it as soon as the paper is accepted for the journal :wink:
@Francesc.Mateu, if your interested and want to convert some openEHR into OMOP i can give you access already.

6 Likes

Yes, Madrid region infobank (infobanco) project has OMOP as one of the expected outputs from the openEHR CRM. It will also be worked on in the Catalonia region openEHR project

6 Likes

Thanks all for answering. Looking forward @SevKohler to see your publication and the mapper in the near future.

3 Likes