March 26 online seminar: Practical tools and methods for clinical decision- and process-support

Hi Torbjörn Eles, you can contact me at rong.chen@cambio.se

We are currently working on openEHR templates and models for the Norwegian cancer registry. First out is CRC (ColoRectal Cancer).

1 Like

ok, thanks! I will.

Hy John!
This is part of my thesis but it will be publish soon. I’ll publish the link here, for sure.
But for the moment, we are trying to think a way to share and improve all Work Plans in the CKM (I think) in a way that everybody can use!
That’s the idea! I’m glad to share for sure!

2 Likes

Interesting!, can we get in touch to see if we can work together? torbjorn.eles@rccvast.se

1 Like

Not at all, all of our CDS apps are CE-marked products. If the customers and other app developers decide to use GDL tools to develop CDS apps, they need to follow the these regulations just the same as they chose to use java/C# to develop the apps.

1 Like

We also built a large phenotypics registry which is partly based on the UK cancer registry

https://ckm.apperta.org/ckm/projects/1051.61.28

and some models for Acute coronary syndrome at

https://ckm.apperta.org/ckm/projects/1051.61.39/dashboard

1 Like

I want to say thank you for the openEHR committee to promote such a great day to share our experiences and see more works with openEHR standard.
I think today was an important day to see what we can do with openEHR.
We are given a step forward in the clinical process.

6 Likes

My take was that task planning models, whilst important, are just one element of an overall Perinatal Care Management System. What would be great is if they can be plugged into an existing (ideally OpenEHR-based) model of the rest of peri-natal care.

2 Likes

Are you talking about only physical devices or are we including “apps” that now have to be registered, if they include some kind of decision support ?

1 Like

The latter.

Interesting. We are exploring Phenotype “collection” based on HPO as part of the BigMed project) www.bigmed.no).

Take a look here: azurecontainer.io

Definitely. That’s the next step, and the last one mandatory to make TP really usable in a healthcare environment. It’s exactly what we’re doing now at Better (Slovenia) but not with those models, but other (simpler).

I will add that we see real advantage in using openEHR TP only within an openEHR ecosystem, because (what was perhaps not stressed enough in our today’s presentation) no clinical data is held in the task engine, but rather in the openEHR CDR (“server” – clinical data repository) where all integration with the ecosystem also takes place.

As our colleges from DIPS (Norway) have shown (in what limited time we all had), a vast majority of end-user application can be generic when openEHR archetypes and templates are utilised in combination with generic form building/rendering functionality, and TP will bring generic process support to this arena as well with task lists for clinical workers and automated guidance through various necessary data gathering procedures.

2 Likes

Yes that is of course true. You’d probably find a proper clinical explanation of the plans + logic e.g. risk assessment very interesting - we might be able to get her to do an online workshop for clinical profs, I think she could get a lot of useful feedback from people who have used different systems.

I can think of many uses in peri-op care too. Perhaps take a simple guideline e.g. surgery and anti-thrombotics, and work through the stages of GDL and TP. If you’re new to the topic, it might help visualise the process.

1 Like

The task and cdss modules absolutely do work directly on the ehr data. If you missed the live session the videos should be available very soon. The demos showed clearly that these are fully integrated.

The video of this event is now available on the openEHR YouTube channel, with timings, so you can watch the presentations you want.

Duration 2hr 20 mins

— Introduction —

00:00:00 - webinar overview (Erik Sundvall, PhD)

00:01:50 - what is openEHR (Ian McNicoll, MD)

00:04:40 - openEHR facilities for process and CDS (Thomas Beale)

00:11:42 - background of CDS, closing the 17 year feedback loop (Rong Chen, MD, PhD)

— Product / Tool Demonstrations —

00:20:03 - Guideline Definition Language (GDL) tools (Rong Chen, Cambio)

00:35:40 - openEHR / Task Planning in DIPS Arena (Bjørn Næss, DIPS)

00:46:10 - openEHR Covid-19 project - UK (Ian McNicoll, FreshEhr)

00:52:31 - openEHR Covid-19 project - Norway (Bjørn Næss, DIPS)

00:59:10 - Task Planning for Obstetric care - Brazil (Danielle Santos Alves, RN, PhD cand. UFPE)

— Tools and how to develop? —

01:10:25 - Task Planning implem for Moscow City, Better Care (Matija Kejžar, Better)

01:45:02 - Cambio GDL tools & development (Rong Chen, Cambio)

01:52:20 - DIPS Task Planning development (Bjørn Næss, DIPS)

— Conclusions —

01:57:03 - openEHR roadmap for GDL, Task Planning, CDS (Thomas Beale)

02:00:30 - Questions

5 Likes

Unfortunately, neither YouTuBe or Google is available for users in our country.

So it would be nice if some volunteer(s) copy these valueable resources to a locally available media site, say, one of the most popular video sites in this country.

I can help to do that

Lin Zhang via openEHR discourse@openehr.org 于2020年4月3日周五 上午8:35写道:

1 Like

Wow, that’s awesome!
So appreciate that.