Financial summary archetype

After the pushback we received in the first review round of the “Income summary” archetype, we’re considering changing the concept to “Financial summary”. It’s got some of the same content as the Income summary archetype had, but the elements related to specific income have been removed, and a “Financial security” element has been added.

We’ve also renamed the “Primary income source” to “Source of money”, and made it repeatable. The intent is to reflect that several sources of money may be relevant to record, and that sources of money for everyday spending for some people may not be income at all, but for example savings. We don’t feel good about the name “Source of money” though. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better name for this element?

See the mindmap of the Financial summary archetype here: financial summary.xmind (30.4 KB)

3 Likes

We’ve made some minor adjustments to the mindmap, among other things renaming the “Source of money” element to “Source of income”. Please reply with your thoughts and ideas, and if anyone have any additional use cases for this information we’d be very happy to receive a copy or description! :smile:

financial summary (1).xmind (35.4 KB)

2 Likes

Can someone have “no financial security” at all?

What would that mean in practice?

Was thinking in a homeless person, with no income at all

I would say that’s “Very low”. The only people who have no income at all would IMO be people living in a non-monetary society.

I don’t think that’s correct, someone can get help with food and shelter, but no money. That’s a possible scenario IMO. Also what happens if you don’t work but your partner does?

3 Likes

Futhermore, maybe It’s desirable to create a set of archetypes (claim etc) based on those FHIR resources in its Financial Module.

1 Like

Most of these FHIR Financial Resources are really outside the scope of the patient Record IMO. They are about payment and billing mechanisms . I would not expect us to want to store them in the EHR.

You can take a look to this work about modeling claims in openEHR:

2 Likes

I understand.

But that might be more attractive for those need a sort-of all-in-one solution. I mean more comprehensive one.